Wednesday 28 May 2008

Annie Lennox axed by record label

Annie Lennox was reportedly left devastated after she was dropped from her record label and has branded the move a "kick in the teeth".
The former Eurythmics star was reportedly stunned when Sony BMG stopped answering her phone calls just weeks before her contract was due to expire.
Lennox, 53, said she was shocked at the way she was treated by the company which once hailed her as "one of the finest musical voices of the age".
Soundgenerator.com quotes her as saying: "They totally ignored me. It was bizarre. It was a kick in the teeth. They didn't return my phone calls or emails for three weeks. I'm trying to find out what's behind it.
"Probably a good thing I'm no longer with them - mild understatement. Unless it's them trying to tell me something... Hello!"
The singer admitted she has been left contemplating her future in the music industry.
She added: "It feels like I'm spent, as if I've completely run out of energy.
"I'm going to take my time over the coming months to figure out what to do with this freedom."